Thursday, September 4, 2014

Stye love you, little Quasimodo

My poor, adorable, puffy-eyed baby is breaking my heart. Just look at that mug. Harper woke up yesterday morning with the grandpappy of styes. She gets styes easily and often and spreads them from eye to eye, lid to lid, etc. 

Before you judge, I swear I wash her hands. A lot. It doesn't matter though because at two her hands are clean one minute and sticky the next.

In my quest to assuage the mommy-guilt that sweeps through me every time I look at my daughter -- and to ease her discomfort (that cannot feel good), I read that applying a warm compress for 10-15 minutes, 3-4 times per day can help. Hmmm. I can't speak for anyone else, but unless I hog tie my daughter this will never happen. Ever. 

But, I gave it a go anyway.

The screaming started before the washcloth touched her face. She lets me wipe her eye while I am cleaning her face but that's it. I am on the lookout for something natural that will help but haven't found anything practical. 

I suppose I need to follow the advice I always give Harper and use my patience. I know it will clear up in a few days. Until then, my heart will break a little every time I look at her. And, thanks to a heavy dose of insecurity partnered with good-old-fashioned mommy-guilt, I'll abuse myself with the things I imagine people must think about me as a parent. 

Please leave a comment if you have any experience with this that might help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment